The Accounts Receivable Specialist will be responsible for interfacing directly with our customers, both on the phone and via email. This individual will email invoices to customers on a daily basis, review and process credit memos, and reconcile customer receivable balances. Will review daily cash receipts and allocate payments against specific transactions. The accounts receivable specialist will provide financial, administrative, and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operations.
· Create and distribute invoices
· Verify billing reports and contracts with relevant departments
· Upload financial data from Excel to Financial System
· Post payments and apply all payments to invoices
· Notify relevant parties concerning outstanding payments
· Research outstanding issues such as missing checks, missing credits, charge backs, duplicate billing
· Prepare Monthly Management Accounts Aging Schedules
· Requires a fundamental knowledge of accounting processes, financial systems, and spreadsheet applications is a must.
An Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Public Administration preferred.
A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
· Ability to apply accounting procedures to practical applications, including analyzing and evaluating accounting data; follow detailed oral and written instructions; and organize work and provide technical assistance to other personnel.
· Ability to research information, draw conclusions and make recommendations for improvement.
· Ability to present ideas clearly both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires the incumbent to be sensitive to change and responsible to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
$40,000 - $55,000 per year