The Engineering Designer position is a good fit for a candidate with a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.
Allegro Civil Engineers is a growing land development firm headquartered in Chicago. Allegro provides design and consulting services on land development projects nationwide. Our company is excited to announce a new opportunity for an entry-level Engineering Designer to join our team. This position is a good fit for a candidate with a strong desire to learn in a fast-paced environment.
The job duties of the position include, but are not limited to, the application of Civil Engineering principles to site development Projects of a wide range of size and type, including design of roadways, drainage facilities, site grading, water and sanitary sewer utilities. Provides responsive, courteous, creative, and efficient service to Clients. Other related duties as assigned. The position will report to the Director of Engineering.
· Perform engineering tasks by applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out routine engineering under direct supervision of a professional engineer.
· Perform complex research and analysis of Municipal, State, and Federal codes and procedure manuals.
· Generate Due-Diligence Reports which effectively convey the zoning constraints for a given development, outline the discretionary and ministerial approvals required for Project approval, and propose various design alternatives to Client to creatively leverage Zoning code.
· Collaborate with other team members to meet design objectives and project deadlines.
· Utilize computer aided drafting (AutoCAD) software to prepare engineering plans and specification documents under the direct supervision of a professional engineer.
· Decipher Civil site backgrounds, adhere to company drafting standards, and create design details from sketches and manufacturers datasheets.
· The position requires daily interface with in-house design and engineering staff, staying current with CAD technology and techniques, and other related tasks as assigned.
· Perform Construction Administration site visits.
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or closely related field.
· 0-3 years of relevant work experience preferred.
· Experience working with Autodesk design software (Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit) is preferred.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Ability to take control of situations, think quickly, and adapt to stressful situations is a must; and the ability to use good judgment and effectively solve problems is also required.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with other team members, Clients, and other consultants.
· Possess strong drive, motivation, and initiative along with the ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
· Highly organized, detail-oriented, high standard of professional personal care, and conscientious
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Valid Driver’s License
· Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
· Ample opportunities to travel – and have fun
$63,500 - $73,500 per year