Alio is a mission-driven Series C startup with a purpose to revolutionize the management of chronic disease. At the heart of Alio is the desire to better serve patients living with chronic illness by delivering high impact, clinical-grade insights so that action can be taken to improve their quality of care and quality of life.
Our flagship product will be the world’s first continuous, multi-metric, non-invasive remote monitoring system for complications in end stage kidney disease. We are addressing a critical need in an underserved patient population, bringing to life transformational technology, with a passionate team of diverse innovators around the world.
We are looking for a motivated, adaptable Director of Software to drive our development teams and enable successful commercial launch of the Alio platform.
- Manage a multidisciplinary group of software engineers spanning embedded through cloud to enable Alio’s end-to-end platform for its clinical and patient customers
- Lead multiple highly technical teams and provide mentorship and develop its members. Identify needed skill sets and develop or recruit for them.
- Provide executive leadership and vision to the team's product owners. Help define and drive communication of the technical vision and roadmap to the software team as well as external contributors. Champion a culture of advancing innovation at Alio.
- Work seamlessly with Security, Infrastructure, Quality, and other critical functions to integrate standardized methodologies into unified services for our business customers.
- Refine and improve current team processes, team structure, continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Continue building a strong culture of high-quality engineering practices, continuous learning, and cross-functional collaboration. Identify and prioritize a continuous set of functional improvements to implement moving forward.
- Source excellent software talent as you grow the team to support Alio’s continued product growth.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- People management experience building strong technical teams and leading managers
- Experience leading agile development and delivering object-oriented systems with high availability
- Experience architecting and delivering production cloud solutions, virtual and containerized platforms, and running operational management practices and frameworks
- Experience with embedded systems requiring software updates in the field
- Demonstrated success collaborating with multi-functional teams to drive customer satisfaction, exceed customer expectations, and create and implement business plans to accelerate the adoption of new services
- Understand security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and demonstrate consistent and steady leadership while working in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Engineering degree (Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate)
- 5 years of medical device product development experience, with a specific focus on medical software
- 10 years of hands on software development experience with increasing leadership and people management responsibilities
- Experience leading software development teams under a quality system which is compliant with international standards (e.g. ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304)
- Role can be remote, but a bonus if located near our Broomfield, CO or San Francisco, CA office
- 5% travel expected between offices