The Medical Billing Specialist will report to the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Manager and will handle all functions related to collection of necessary claim documentation, claim submission, collections, and follow through on outstanding claims and cash applications; all actions relating to delinquent accounts, special adjustments, and/or write offs.
- Bill and post-revenue payments/charges to insurance payors
- Review and audit patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any incomplete or missing billing information
- Obtain authorizations as appropriate.
- Ensure verification of eligibility and payor benefits
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using automated systems and manual paper claim process
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO, PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid
- Follow up on unpaid claims within specified billing cycle timeframe
- Validate insurance payment for accuracy and compliance based on contractual terms
- Evaluate and investigate payor matters for any discrepancy in payments as necessary
- Identify and bill secondary payors
- Follow-up on all accounts with payor or patient
- Follow-up on payor specific appeals and denial of claims.
- Respond to all patient or insurance telephone inquiries to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Update cash spreadsheet, generate collection reports and ensure compliant collection efforts interpreting the explanation for benefits (EOB)
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Part-time
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- MA, NH, RI, CT & NY 02135 (Preferred)
Hours per week:
- Monday to Friday 8:30 A.M - 1:30 P.M ET
- 1+ years of medical billing experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience billing professional and physicians’ charges to insurance companies
- Experience reading electronic claim files
- Knowledge and competency to use medical claims clearinghouse system
- Possess strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word)
- Familiarity with HCFA 1500 & UB-04
- Paid time off
- Remote work
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour