Salesforce Solution Architect
AIQUEOUS is an Austin-based startup focusing on our energy and water future. Our software amplifies the positive impacts that energy and water utilities have on their customers. To sustain our rapid growth, we are looking for passionate and talented team members who want to make a difference in our world.
Our Solution Architect is responsible for translating utility client business and technical needs into a design that fits AIQUEOUS products and ensuring that the implementation of the product meets client needs while maximizing scalability and developing or adhering to standard approaches. You will document and assign technical development tasks or tickets to our software developer(s) / engineer(s) on utility client implementations. You will also design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, connectivity / integration concerns, and perform systems management and integration functions.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop platform, system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures for AIQUEOUS products and between AIQUEOUS products, third-party applications, and utility client systems.
• Collaborate with engineers, technical project managers, business analysts and client to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components
• Define and analyze objectives, scope, issues, or organizational impact of information systems
• Evaluate existing systems to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet organizational requirements
• Provide technical guidance, support and / or documentation for the development or troubleshooting of systems
• Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture
• Approve project plans, schedules, or budgets
• Research, test, or verify proper functioning of AIQUEOUS and Salesforce.com updates
• Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components
• Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports, or white papers
• Adhere to AIQUEOUS business processes as defined by handbooks and manuals
• Perform ongoing software maintenance operations, including analysis and deployment of operating system (e.g., Salesforce, Azure) and AIQUEOUS upgrades.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Resource Management or any related field; or five years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of five years’ experience in Software as a Service administration and development, including Salesforce.com platform
• Show excellent ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Has the ability to analyze needs and product requirements to design a solution aligned with AIQUEOUS products
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to write correspondence of a technical nature
• Knowledge of practical application or engineering science and technology
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.