Description | Aid for Women
Founded in 1978, Aid for Women helps thousands of women each year in the Chicago metropolitan area who find themselves facing unexpected pregnancies. Each woman is provided with the emotional, practical and spiritual support that she needs to choose life for her unborn baby and to provide a better future for herself and her family. Our life-affirming services are offered to clients free-of-charge and include: pregnancy tests and ultrasound exams, life-affirming options consultation, pregnancy and parenting mentor program, support groups, residential programs and medical and community referrals.
Aid for Women operates five pregnancy care centers and two residential programs (Heather’s House and Monica’s House). To learn more, visit our website at helpaidforwomen.org.
Position Description | Advocate
Do you want to go home after work every night knowing for a fact that your work saved lives? Are you an outgoing, organized clinical team leader with an unwavering dedication to the pro-life movement? Then this position might be for you.
Aid for Women seeks to fill the position of Advocate. The Client Advocate is responsible for providing abortion-alternative support to Aid for Women clients through crisis pregnancy intervention, developing and maintaining client relationships and the implementation of client support services. The Client Advocate is also responsible for developing and maintaining positive working relationships with site volunteers and community partners.
The Advocate should have at least the following education, experience, and skills:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while exercising judgment and discretion in work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience using client management software and texting apps.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, values, and goals of Aid for Women, which includes a strong commitment to pro-life and sexual integrity values.
- Implement all policies, procedures and decisions set forth by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Provide appropriate and immediate crisis intervention to abortion-minded and abortion-vulnerable individuals who contact Aid for Women.
- Develop and maintain client relationships by identifying client needs on an ongoing basis and responding with support, referrals and follow-up in conformance to Aid for Women’s mission to support women facing unexpected pregnancies.
- Review difficult cases with PCC Manager.
- Lead onsite support groups, as needed.
- Lead Earn-While-You-Learn sessions, as needed.
- Work closely with Heather’s House management staff to obtain a strong understanding of the activities and residents at the home in order to make successful referrals to the program.
- Maintain up to date, accurate client documentation and records.
- Coordinate effective and timely follow-up of all clients served.
- Coordinate ultrasound procedures and ensure that client follow-up is timely and that all scans are reviewed by the Medical Director in a timely manner.
- Help develop new client programs under the direction of the PCC Manager.
- Assist PCC Manager in ensuring that adequate Client Advocate and volunteer coverage is provided at all centers during open center hours.
- Provide necessary supervision of volunteers through ongoing in-service training.
- Maintain positive working relationships with community agencies, high schools, universities, businesses, etc. for the purpose of securing client referrals and utilizing community resources for clients.
- Assist Marketing Manager with client stories for the newsletters.
- Ensure that referral manuals, brochures, educational material, policies and procedures manual and training materials are current.
- Ensure that site is kept organized, neat and clean and provides a welcoming atmosphere for clients and other visitors.
- Ensure that equipment at the site is functioning properly and that counseling and office supplies are available.
- Help maintain the baby boutique.
- Participate in client, donor and community events.