Agilious empowers people, teams and organizations to succeed in an environment of constant change by innovating faster to deliver business value. We assist government agencies and businesses in achieving the highest levels of business agility through the pragmatic application of Agile and Lean methods. As passionate practitioners, we bring over 22 years of real-world Agile and Lean experience to serve our clients in enhancing their organization’s Agile DNA. We accomplish these results via groundbreaking business agility practices, coaching, training, and agile product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the President, the VP of Operations is responsible for leading and directing the company’s efforts to: deliver the top services to our customers; build strong relationships with key customer stakeholders; position the company to win new business; and design, develop, and deliver winning proposals for a given Federal Government customer’s solicitation/ RFP.
- Oversee contract and project delivery across Federal Customers, ensuring top customer satisfaction, as evidenced by high CPARS ratings.
- Leads new contract startups and transition-in.
- Manages Program and Project Managers assigned to each contract/ order, oversees the effective staffing of projects, and optimizes the business aspects of delivery.
- Provides pre-sales support for identifying and qualifying new business opportunities, especially with existing customers.
- Develops and leads execution of Capture Plans for opportunities.
- Leads development of competitive analyses, teaming strategies, and teaming agreement negotiations.
- Develops, presents, and executes Win Strategies for new and follow-on contract bids, with overall responsibility for the development and writing of technical and management solutions as well as and business/price-to-win.
- Identifies and assigns/recruits required key personnel and develops proposal staffing plans.
- Shepherds opportunities through the company’s Shipley-based step review process.
- Develops, maintains, and leverage business relationships with qualified federal contractors, government program managers and procurement officials, to enable effective capture and delivery.
- Understands customer issues driving requirements and formulates win themes and strategies that resonate with decision makers.
- Coordinates with Delivery Staff (including technical subject-matter experts), Business Development, and Corporate Support (Contracts, Human Resources, Recruiting, Proposal Operations, Pricing, Accounting, and Facilities), as needed, for Capture, Proposal development, startup, and delivery.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Possess a strong entrepreneurial drive.
- Have experience working in delivery, capture, and proposal development for small Government Contractors in the Fed Civilian market.
- Have established customer relationships in HHS, specifically at HRSA, NIH, and FDA.
- Have a strong understanding of Agile software development and Government Contract Management.
- This Leadership Team position requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business area, at least 5 years of delivery experience, and 5 to 8 years of successful business development and capture management experience with Federal information technology related contracts.
- Proven experience in pursuing, capturing, and winning new Federal IT business, including building and leveraging relationships, developing effective teaming and win strategies, and writing winning proposals.
- Experience leveraging 8(a) sole source and GSA 8(a) STARS is a plus.
- Position requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Federal IT market, policies, and current issues, as well as current Federal procurement practices and contract vehicles.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication (speaking/presenting and writing) skills and be a strong leader, as well as a team player.
- He/she must be able to think strategically to develop win strategies and lead capture teams to victory.
- He/she must be a self-starter and able to set and achieve measurable goals and objectives.
- The position requires high energy, demonstrated technical and analytical abilities and sound decision-making in meeting business development and growth objectives.
Why Work at Agilious
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way:
- We hire smart people.
- We encourage our team to raise their hand when they see an opportunity to change our existing processes.
- We value culture and believe our business thrives in the diversity of our teams.
- We offer company paid medical benefits that are designed to support our employees.
- We offer competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with profit sharing.
- We operate like a startup with a proven business model that's growing fast!
- We have a Casual dress code (jeans are welcome).
- We have a remarkable professional development program that allows you to stay current and on top of your field.
- We are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We encourage creativity and embrace change.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We collaborate with our leadership team daily to ensure vision alignment and transparency as an organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.