Agilious is looking for a .Net Software Developer to join our Agile Software Product Development practice. Our consultants work closely with our customers to support them throughout their project needs. Our goal is to help our clients deliver value quickly and delight their end users by enabling a healthy Agile mindset and practices.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on modernization and technology transformation projects. You will be part of an empowered agile team with the opportunity to innovate and learn continuously, working with the best architects and technical leads.
Clearance: There is no requirement for security clearance. However, you will be required to pass the US federal government Public Trust level security background check.
Location/Remote: This position can be done remotely. However, you need to be located in the Eastern or Central time zone, to enable more effective communication and collaboration with your team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be an integral part of a Scrum team participating in the full software development lifecycle including requirements, solution design, development, QA, implementation
- Develop, modernize, and enhance an existing application or new enterprise microservice-based applications
- Create new or maintain existing CI/CD pipelines using Azure DevOps and other DevOps tools
- Contribute to Daily Scrum, Sprint stand-up meetings and Sprint retrospective events
- Train junior team members in software development best practices related to analysis, design, coding, and testing
- Participate in business needs/requirements analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Write automated unit test cases to support test-driven development (TDD)
- Support verification and validation of software by supporting the Quality Assurance team
- Perform application and security code scans and support the remediation of scan findings
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of experience in 1 or more frameworks or programming languages such as ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET, C#, and .Net Framework
- At least 1 year of experience in relational database development, preferably using Oracle, SQL Server 2012 or T-SQL
- Programming (e.g. Stored Procedures, Views, Functions, etc.)
- A demonstrated understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) including RESTful Service frameworks (Web API)
- Working knowledge of testing frameworks like XUnit, NUnit, or Selenium
- Familiarity with working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong analytical skills and ability to learn quickly
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, physics, or related discipline
- An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for 3 years of experience
- Ability to obtain US Federal Public Trust clearance
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Understanding of Team Foundation Server (TFS), Octopus deploy, and SonarQube
- Knowledge of section 508 compliance design principles
- Experience in developing responsive websites and mobile apps
- Experience using GitHub or other Git-based source control systems
- Experience in one or more the following frameworks and tools: DI, Dapper, NuGet packages, logging (log4net, NLog)
- Experience with gulp, webpack, or rollup is desirable
Why Work at Agilious
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way:
- We hire smart people.
- We encourage our team to raise their hand when they see an opportunity to change our existing processes.
- We value culture and believe our business thrives in the diversity of our teams.
- We offer company paid medical benefits that are designed to support our employees.
- We offer competitive salaries and a 401(k) plan with profit sharing.
- We operate like a startup with a proven business model that's growing fast!
- We have a Casual dress code (jeans are welcome).
- We have a remarkable professional development program that allows you to stay current and on top of your field.
- We are passionate about our clients and live/breathe the client experience.
- We encourage creativity and embrace change.
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative.
- We collaborate with our leadership team on a daily basis to ensure vision alignment and transparency as an organization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.