Africatown Community Land Trust (ACLT) has an exciting opportunity for an innovative and community-driven Development Coordinator. This role will collaborate across ACLT’s teams and within the ACLT community and beyond. The successful candidate will have the ability to take ideas from inception to execution, work with donors and stakeholders to ensure fundraising strategies are delivered, measurable, results and donations are accurately captured. Continued improvement in process and technology usage to maximize donating opportunities. Identify and break down barriers to donating and giving.
Africatown Community Land Trust is working for community ownership of land in the Central District. This supports the cultural and economic thriving of people who are part of the African diaspora in the Greater Seattle area. The Africatown Community Land Trust board is comprised of real estate professionals, business executives, entrepreneurs, business professionals and long-time community members from the Central District.
To acquire, develop, and steward land in Greater Seattle to empower & preserve the
Vibrant and thriving black communities through land ownership.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Development Coordinator position is responsible for securing funds and sponsorships. Collecting donations, producing, and distributing donor communication. Assisting the development team, community builders and department leadership in developing fundraising plans, maintaining donor relationships, and securing new ones. The Development Coordinator will help with events, plan ways of increasing brand awareness while promoting ACLT fundraising.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following.
• Identify and develop fundraising, events, and partnership opportunities to provide high impact, consistent revenue stream
• Manage and enter donor data into donor databases
• Assist the Development Team with writing applications for funding, including government, foundation, and private sources
• Build and maintain positive relationships with local community members and partners
• Represent ACLT with respect and integrity
• Set performance goals
• Attend meetings, meet deadlines
Grants and Reporting
• Assist in writing grant proposals
• Ensure reporting data is clean and accurate
• Prepare and monitor funding and deliverables
• Provide record keeping and audit preparation
• Produce detailed on demand, quarterly and annual demographic and reports for board and funders
• Keep track of all charitable gifts and create reports and present to funders as requested
Communications and Administrative Support
• Enter all donations from checks, third-party, DAFs, and workplace platforms, in-kind, and cash
• Welcome visitors from the community, including service providers and funders
• Work with the volunteer team and across departments to facilitate funding and event needs
• Generate email lists to contact vendors and volunteers for nonprofit events and news, and process, and track bills related to events.
• Support campaign stakeholders, consultants and contractors with appeals and campaigns
• Manage thanking process through database email and direct mail
• Respond to donors’ inquiries, monthly giving adjustments and cancellations, and acknowledgment of receipt
• Send renewal email solicitations
• Support events with forms, track invitees, or attendees
• Support volunteer recruitment with forms and emails with the volunteer coordinator
• Work with communications to provide recognition for sponsors, funders, and major donors
• Keep content updated on the website in collaborations with communications team
• Format and send a newsletter each month in collaboration with communications team
• Support events communication emails, social media, and website, and take photos for marketing
• 1-3 years' experience working in fundraising or project organization
• Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently
• Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and sponsors
• Ability to work well with a team to promote company initiatives
• Demonstrated high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
• Outlook), Google Docs and other productivity software (Zoom, Google Meet, Go to Meeting, MS Teams, etc.)
• Experience planning large-scale events and fundraisers
• Ability to generate interest in the company or program and reach out to appropriate business partners
• Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image
• Reliable transportation
• Experience working is a fast-paced environment and have an entrepreneurial spirit
• 5 plus years of experience in the related area
• Degree in financing
• Knowledge of resources in the Greater Seattle Area and Black community needs and barriers
• Prior experience working in nonprofits or government agencies
• Experience in grant writing, marketing, event planning and implementing grant funding
1. Visit the ACLT Career site, https://www.africatownlandtrust.org/employment/
2. Submit an attaching Resume and Cover Letter that details how you qualify for the position and why you are interested in working at Africatown Community Land Trust.
$21 - $24 per hour