Working with either Somatic Experiencing/Sensorimotor modality with adolescent and adult clients with complex trauma, dissociative disorders, and attachment wounding in an intensive outpatient setting. All sessions are one on one; individual. Work collaboratively on client treatment with a multidisciplinary team. Expand approach to treating complex trauma by participating in Reconnects extensive RITTM Trainings, DID Training, and Janina Fischer’s part work!
Role and Responsibilities
- Clinical focus on resourcing and resolving trauma symptoms at a steady pace.
- Integration of RITTM grounding and resourcing tools for emotional regulation.
- Provide psychoeducation about trauma, the nervous system, window of tolerance.
- Required participation in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm PST (Currently over zoom).
- Completes necessary clinical documentation on EMR system (KIPU) such as session progress notes and collateral notes within 24 hours of session.
- Perform continuous assessment of client’s mental status for possible risk behaviors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Somatic: Must be trained in the somatic experiencing model created by Peter Levine; Levels I, II or III may apply.
Sensorimotor: Must be trained in the sensorimotor model created by Pat Ogden.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in mental health field; preferred experience with complex trauma.
- Master’s degree in related field such as psychology, sociology, kinesiology preferred for Somatic; assumed for Sensorimotor.
- Two years of professional experience in direct patient care in the mental health field which includes one year of experience working in a client admissions position.
- Excellent Internet/Computer skills
- Excellent phone/in person conversation skills while maintaining all levels of confidentiality.
- Managing details and providing flawless execution; naturally tech savvy.
- Excel at prioritizing workflow, possess an intuitive approach, and anticipate needs.
- Work independently by being self-directed and motivated; possess a high level of resourcefulness.
- Positive/Respectful attitude towards clients and co-workers
- Solution based approach/Team player
- Strong writing communication skills