MUST BE LICENSED and have an S Corporation (S-Corp) OR A Professional Corporation (APC).
Provide group therapy with adult (and eventually adolescent) clients with complex trauma, dissociative disorders, and attachment wounding in an intensive outpatient setting. All groups are content driven (no process groups). Work collaboratively on client treatment with a multidisciplinary team. Opportunity to learn about trauma by participating in Reconnect extensive RITTM Trainings, DID Training, and Janina Fisher’s part work!
Role and Responsibilities
- Facilitate group therapy sessions and psychoeducational classes.
- Clinical focus on grounded integrative community experience; uphold group rules, align with the RITTM philosophy (e.g., no processing of trauma in groups).
- Provide psychoeducation about trauma, the nervous system, window of tolerance and various other trauma related topics. Also provide some basic therapeutic groups such as DBT, mindfulness, emotional regulation, attachment, family systems, relationships, etc.
- Integration of RITTM grounding and resourcing tools for emotional regulation.
- Awareness of how each client utilizes RITTM resourcing and encouraging tools during group when needed.
- Perform continuous assessment of client’s mental status for possible risk behaviors.
- Required participation in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm PST (Currently over zoom).
- Completes necessary clinical documentation on EMR system (KIPU) such as group notes within 24 hours of session.
- Assists in the development of new groups when need arises and in the ongoing evaluation of programs.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- MA, MSW, PsyD, or PhD in Psychology, Social Work, or related field required.
- Must be licensed and in good standing with the BBS or Board of Psychology (LMFT, LCSW, LPCC, PsyD)
- Required two (2) years of professional group therapy experience in the mental health field, preferred experience with complex trauma content.
- A plus if trained in EMDR, Brainspotting, Gestalt, Mindfulness, Somatic Experiencing, or Sensorimotor Psychotherapy.
- Excellent Internet/Computer skills
- Experience: Two years of professional experience in direct patient care in the mental health field which includes one year of experience working in a client admissions position.
- Excellent phone/in person conversation skills while maintaining all levels of confidentiality.
- Managing details and providing flawless execution; naturally tech savvy.
- Excel at prioritizing workflow, possess an intuitive approach, and anticipate needs.
- Work independently by being self-directed and motivated; possess a high level of resourcefulness.
- Positive/Respectful attitude towards clients and co-workers
- Solution based approach/Team player
- Strong writing communication skills