Become the subject matter expert in hydrogen systems, specifically with how our electrolyzer integrates with existing industrial processes.
At Advanced Ionics, our mission is to decarbonize the "hard-to-abate" heavy industrial sectors of the world with a new class of electrolyzers. Advanced Ionics is seeking a Hydrogen Product Engineer to join our growing team, dedicated to developing transformational “green hydrogen” industrial electrolyzer systems.
You will be responsible for defining and facilitating our electrolyzer product design, application fit, and execution throughout the lifecycle. This includes, but is not limited to, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with the engineering, sales, marketing, and overall business teams to ensure revenue, margin and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Projects will be global, so savviness with international partners will be needed to build
relationships. You’re the right candidate for this job if you enjoy workplaces where everyone
has a voice, if you’re passionate about solving climate change through complex technologies
and markets, and if you’re willing propose a new idea, write a memo, code a script, and turn a wrench (there is no job “beneath” any Advanced Ionics team member).
What You’ll Do
● Work closely with the entire engineering team to develop the electrolyzer system’s balance-of-plant based on industrial customer integration requirements.
● Work with the customer to help them better understand efficiency gains and process improvements within their own ammonia, petrochemical, biomaterials, steel, or clean thermal power plants.
● Build process flow diagrams and associated documentation.
● Model the heat flows and heat exchanger performance within the electrolyzer system and its integration with the customer site.
● Identify best markets and applications of products.
● Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements through extensive customer interface.
● Manage relationships with suppliers and contractors. Help negotiate contracts.
● Develop the product roadmap and relevant market strategies.
● Assist to develop the core positioning and messaging for the product.
● Perform product demos to customers, gather feedback, and work closely with the engineering team for the beta and pilot programs.
● Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
● Deliver market and product ready documents, with prioritized features and corresponding justifications.
● Become an expert with respect to the competition.
● Fill in as-needed with other areas of business operation.
What You’ve Done to Get Here
● You have knowledge of hydrogen utilization, in at least one or more of the ammonia, petrochemical, methanol, and/or gas supply industries.
● You have expertise with applied engineering projects in the energy industry, alternative fuels, or a closely related advanced manufacturing industry.
● You can successfully guide cross-functional teams without formal authority.
● You can analyze a data set and performance/operational metrics.
● You’re results-oriented and can work independently.
● You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● You’re entrepreneurial (or significantly intrapreneurial), with demonstrated success, and learnings from setbacks.
● You’re experienced in developing or managing products integrated into chemical or energy systems.
● You’ve worked with steam methane reformers or other types of large-scale hydrogen supply at an engineering firm, gas supplier, or end-user, among others.
● You understand industrial and technical design, and application of the plant interfaces with the overall balance of plant.
Where We Are and What We Offer
● This is a full-time position
● Competitive, negotiable salary
● Vesting equity in a venture-backed, climate-tech startup
● Health and retirement benefits, with flexible options
● Unlimited vacation policy, with flexible company holidays
● Paid parental and sick leave
$100,000 - $175,000 per year