Advanced Ionics is seeking an experienced, high-performing Engineering Technologist / Scientific Equipment Technician to join our growing team that is dedicated to developing transformational “green hydrogen” industrial electrolyzer systems. This person will be responsible for engineering, fabricating, maintaining, and running electrolyzer test stations in a lab setting. At the same time this individual will have the opportunity to work with fabrication equipment in a modern prototyping space. Overall, this person must have a diverse skill set, should enjoy working in a high-potential, clean energy technology, early-stage endeavor and excel given the opportunities and challenges normally encountered.
- Plan, engineer, produce, and assemble mechanical parts for prototypes.
- Read blueprints, sketches, or computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files
- Set up, operate, manual, and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and their components, and record results.
- Install piping & tubing for steam and gases, and wire basic electrical components.
- Compare test results with design specifications and with test objectives and recommend changes, if needed, in products or test methods
Skill Sets (Requirements)
- Experience troubleshooting and fixing mechanical systems, including pumps, heat-exchangers, furnaces, machining equipment, regulators, pneumatics, among others.
- Analytical skills to understand blueprints, models, and specifications for parts and design.
- Computer applications, including basic control systems, CAD/CAM, and CNC Machining.
- Ability to fabricate and assemble complex parts, jigs and test system components.
- Proven ability to suggest alternative, cost-effective solutions.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Results-driven and ability to work independently
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills
- ~2 years industry experience with Bachelor's Degree, ~5 years with Associates Degree, or 10+ years otherwise
(Not Absolutely Required to Apply)
- Associates/Bachelors degree in Applied Science, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Electromechanical Technology or related field.
- Deep understanding of materials properties, including polymers, metals, ceramics, solvents, pigments.
- Experience in scientific equipment/component manufacturing.
- Expertise welding and brazing small intricate parts.