Oversees the organization's accounting and payroll functions
Our mission is to decarbonize the "hard-to-abate" heavy industrial sectors of the world economy with a new class of electrolyzers. Advanced Ionics is seeking a highly motivated Accounting Manager to join our growing team that is dedicated to developing transformational “green hydrogen” industrial electrolyzer systems.
You are responsible for managing the day to day financial transactions for our growing business.
You’re the right candidate for this job if you enjoy workplaces where everyone has a voice and if you’re passionate about solving climate change.
What You’ll Do:
· Manage and process all accounts payable and accounts receivable for the firm
· Process payroll and ensure timely and accurate delivery for a growing team
· Prepare all monthly bank reconciliations and closing journal entries, including accruals
· Prepare all balance sheet account reconciliations and credit card accounts
· Prepare monthly financial statements and budget to actual reports
· Analyze transactions, observe trends and identify items of concern
· Assist in the preparation of grant and other regulatory reporting
· Coordinate and represent with all purchasing and vendor communication
· Organize and file all accounting related documents
· Other responsibilities as may be assigned
What You’ve Done to Get Here:
· You will have 5+ years of prior experience in a corporate accounting role (3 years with a Bachelor's degree)
You will have an Associate degree in Accounting
· Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification or prior experience working in a startup environment would be a plus
· You will have prior experience with Bill.com, Quickbooks Online or similar accounting software; ERP experience a plus
· You will have prior experience with payroll and expense reporting systems and is knowledgeable with federal and state payroll tax laws
· You will have experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel
· You have strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
· You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships at all levels across the organization and externally.
· You are detail oriented and can meet designated deadlines with a high-quality of work
· You have a high degree of integrity to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
· You are results-oriented and can do work independently
· You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· You are adaptable and thrive in a fast paced environment
Where We Are and What We Offer:
● This is a full-time position
● Competitive, negotiable salary
● Vesting options for equity in a venture-backed, climate-tech startup
● Health and retirement benefits, with flexible options
● Unlimited vacation policy, with flexible company holidays
● Paid parental and sick leave
About Advanced Ionics:
At Advanced Ionics, we’ve created a green hydrogen platform that allows industrial hydrogen producers and users to achieve sustainability and decarbonize, without sacrificing profit. We combine our patented Symbiotic electrolyzer technology with our customers’ onsite process and waste heat to produce the lowest-cost green hydrogen on the market.
We’re a thoughtful, venture-backed, and mission-oriented team of engineers, creatives, and business people looking to change the world. And, we’re proud to say we’re headquartered in the great city of Milwaukee, in the heart of the industrial Midwest.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value people with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We know the right candidate might not check every box in this job description. You could also have important skills we haven't thought of. If you think you’re a great candidate for this role, apply and tell us why. To apply, send us a resume and a few sentences about why you are interested in this position and what you bring to the table. There will be opportunities for us to train you too! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
$55,000 - $65,000 per year