The position provides professional interventions for adults and children who are experiencing a crisis. Services are provided in licensed residential facilities and family homes and may include interventions prior to, at the time of, and after a crisis occurs. The position is designed to prevent an acute crisis from becoming an emergency that requires law enforcement involvement, voluntary hospitalization, or removal from the client’s current living situation.
Title: Behavior Technician - Crisis Intervention
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 2877 Childress Drive, Anderson, CA 96007
The Behavior Technician - Crisis Intervention position provides professional interventions for adults and children experiencing a crisis. Services are offered in licensed residential facilities and family homes, to prevent crises from escalating to emergencies requiring law enforcement involvement or hospitalization. The role focuses on maintaining the client's current living situation while providing necessary support.
Advanced Crisis Solutions (ACS) is a compassionate organization dedicated to helping people. We prioritize integrity, fidelity, and person-first language, treating individuals with dignity and respect. At ACS, we value our employees as our greatest assets and foster a culture of growth, learning, education, feedback, and empowerment. We collaborate with like-minded providers to maximize our impact within the community. Our mission is to disseminate the science of applied behavior analysis and promote progressive thinking about individuals with disabilities.
We are currently seeking a full-time Behavior Technician to join our team. In this role, you will provide professional crisis interventions for adults and children. Your responsibilities will include interventions before, during, and after a crisis, aiming to prevent acute crises from becoming emergencies. Training is available for the right candidate, and the starting pay is $18 per hour, with gas mileage reimbursement. Most employees receive a mileage reimbursement check of up to $500 extra per month.
To support our employees, we provide company training every other week, and every other month, we organize fun activities such as Bocce Ball, Axe throwing, river rafting, hiking, and more!
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass Professional Crisis Management - Practitioner 2 coursework within 60 days of employment
- Must complete a 40-hour online behavior technician course within 6 months of employment
- Must pass a fingerprint clearance and sign a criminal record statement
- Must pass a health screening exam and have reliable transportation
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR and First Aid training within the first two weeks of employment
Preferred Education and Experience:
- College courses in behavior analysis, psychology, early childhood education, and/or special education
- Prior experience implementing behavior programs and managing crisis behavior
- Current Professional Crisis Management certification and/or previous experience with crisis management programs
- Prior experience working with people with developmental disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) with matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Home Health
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
No specific COVID-19 precautions are required for the job.
High school diploma or equivalent (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In-person/Multiple Locations
$18 - $22 per hour