Who is Acclinate?
Acclinate is a digital health startup company improving health equity through inclusive research. We help pharmaceutical companies and healthcare organizations access and engage communities of color so their research efforts are more inclusive and reflect the populations they serve.
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Lead Engineer to join Acclinate’s remote team. As Full Stack Lead Engineer, you will serve in both lead and individual contributor capacity on the engineering team developing Acclinate’s e-DICT platform. Your primary responsibilities will be to translate product features into technical designs (e.g., solution architecture) and tasks for e-DICT engineers, and directly support the implementation of each release. You will report to the VP of Product and Technology, work alongside e-DICT’s product manager, and oversee 3-5 engineers.
- 5+ years in an engineering leadership role (e.g. senior engineer, engineering manager, tech lead, solution architect, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency with cloud-native platforms (GCP is preferred, AWS is also acceptable)
- With experience using data/analytics-specific services
- Demonstrated experience in developing NodeJS-based applications, with exposure to NestJS, Angular and/or React (Angular is preferred)
- Experience designing and implementing event-driven systems with a microservice architecture
- Experience leading in agile environments and leveraging supporting agile stacks (e.g., Jira/Confluence)
- Experience developing solutions in healthcare or other highly regulated industries would be preferred
- Participate in product and release planning processes by providing estimates of the technical feasibility of e-DICT product features
- Produce technical design artifacts - e.g. solution architecture options, data modeling, API specifications, etc. - to guide the development of features
- Define and assign development tasks to engineering team members
- Execute high-priority development tasks as a part of the engineering team (e.g. product development, environment staging, platform deployment, troubleshooting etc.)
- Champion industry standard development practices and define/document engineering processes (e.g. coding standards, development workflows/tools, etc.)
- Perform code reviews and approvals
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior team members
- Provide input into hiring / scaling the engineering team - resume screening, technical interviews, etc.
- Coordinate with external development partners to align on implementation approaches, developer onboarding, and overall quality assurance
- Work with development partners and/or new hires to address key capabilities supporting engineering (e.g. data science, DevOps, security, QA, support, site reliability, etc.d)
- Present solutions and architecture to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Identify technical debt and structure plans to resolve
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) policy, along with 7 paid US holidays
- Company shutdown for the Winter holidays
- Maternity / Parental leave
- Flexible Sick Leaves and Bereavement Leaves
- Remote work