As the Email Marketing Manager, you are a detail-oriented, hard-working problem solver with an optimistic attitude. As a member of our Marketing Team, you will broadly be responsible for multi-channel performance-based marketing. This is a strategic and executional role - we need someone who brings a wealth of domain expertise, gets the big picture, rolls up their sleeves, and manages campaigns. You will be responsible for developing and implementing the B2C communication strategy through email, SMS, and loyalty programs.
1. Grow the email database and segment the customer base
2. Define the ideal consumer profile and plan to collect data over time
3. Build and manage all automated email (and SMS/MMS) campaigns
and multi-channel workflows personalized or specifically targeted
by customer segment where possible
4. Gather 1st party data to aid segmentation
5. Manage loyalty program communications and signups into the
larger multi-channel workflows.
6. Develop and execute impactful communication campaigns
informed by a test-and-learn approach, rigorous quantitative
analysis, insights from market research, and overarching business
7. Lead creative strategy and brief creative teams (both internal and
external) to develop and implement creatives for automated
8. Build the project roadmap and communication calendar for the
email channel, launch and monitor direct response campaigns, and
assist with developing tracking and reporting infrastructure
9. Develop a systematic A/B split testing process to maximize user
engagement and nurture customer acquisition
10. Collaborate with other channel owners to ensure consistent
messaging across all performance marketing mediums
11. Manage all agencies, internal and 3rd party resources
1. 5+ years of digital marketing strategy development, execution, and
optimization, in data-driven, customer-centric environments
2. 3+ years of hands-on experience in email marketing strategy,
execution, optimization, and reporting cycle.
3. Strong analytical skills with a passion for experimenting via split
4. Familiarity with using CRM and marketing automation tools (e.g.
Klavio, Segment, Optimizely, Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
Experience with email personalization.
5. Experience with SQL, audience segmentation and triggered emails.
6. Strong communication and presentation skills.
7. Excellent leadership skills with the confidence to lead, influence,
engage and partner with cross-functional partners to drive business
8. Thrives in a fluid, fast-paced and results-oriented environment; able
to adapt to changing business needs and influence decision making
across all levels of the organization.
9. Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or associated studies.
1. E-commerce experience is not required, but a BIG plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience*
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned to ensure workload coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their manager. This job description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs and requirements of the job change.