Founded in 2015, ARC-Southeast provides funding and logistical support to ensure Southerners receive safe and compassionate reproductive care including abortion services. Through education and leadership development, we build power in communities of color to abolish stigma and restore dignity and justice. Our work encompasses three elements of transformational culture change: Services (Abortion Funding and Practical Support), Activism, Education, and Engagement leading to Leadership Development, and Building Collective Power for Systems Change.
Access Reproductive Care-Southeast seeks an adaptive and collaborative Manager of Development with a deep commitment to reproductive justice coupled with a proven record in donor management. This is a new position for our rapidly growing organization. The Development Manager’s primary role will be co-creating and implementing our values-aligned donor engagement strategy to achieve our development and fundraising goals, and to ensure the organization’s fundraising success and sustainability. The Development Manager will partner with the Staff, Board of Directors, and interns to ensure our mission, vision, and values are upheld. The Development Manager reports to the Executive Director.
ARC-Southeast continues to pursue COVID policies that prioritize and center caring for all our communities. Thus, we are moving towards a hybrid working environment that includes both remote and in-office working as needed and desired by staff.
- Actively cultivates and stewards relationships and opportunities with a broad spectrum of new and existing funders including institutional donors.
- Travel to funder meetings as needed; facilitate meetings as needed.
- Identifies and executes development strategies and promotes the visibility of ARC-Southeast among prospective donors, inspiring them into long-term action
- Lead development and execution of fundraising plan that incorporates grassroots, foundation funding, and specific project strategies
- Conducts funding-related activities including prospecting, application, grant deliverables, and compliance for grants, in cooperation with other staff.
- Develops fundraising plan and manages grants calendar.
- Supports the board and fundraising volunteers in reaching their fundraising goals.
- Conduct quarterly research of prospective funders and assess new funding opportunities.
Gift Processing and Acknowledgement:
- Timely processing of all gifts and pledges into Salesforce and ensure gift acknowledgment letters are accurate and timely.
- Maintain gift processing procedures and update them as needed.
- Monthly reconciliation of gift data.
- Maintaining the operation, maintenance, data input, data integrity, and accuracy of Salesforce, Donorbox, & ActBlue
- Conduct Salesforce development-related activities, including daily processing of gifts, running reports and queries, gift coding, exporting and importing data, and mail merges.
- Import/enter new prospect and donor information received from events, contact referrals, meeting and other sources.
- Maintain coding of appeals, solicitations and constituents.
- Pull accurate and timely data from the database for mail appeals, event invitations and reports when needed.
- Contributes content for use in communications, marketing materials and social media and digital platforms.
- Collaborates with all Staff to secure adequate funding support to deliver our leadership programs, community organizing, advocacy and culture change work in an effective, sustainable, and innovative manner.
- Train and support staff and the Board of Directors in development-related concepts and tasks as needed
- Annually lead development and execution of fundraising plan that incorporates grassroots, foundation funding, and specific project strategies
Grant applications and reports:
- Oversee the writing, renewals, and reporting of grants
- Final read/edit on all foundation funding documents submitted by staff
- Build and expand relationships with grant contacts in current portfolio
- Keep accurate records
- Support organizational coordination and problem-solving
- Support audit, budget, and financial compliance as necessary
Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications:
- Commitment to abortion access and full reproductive healthcare for all people; commitment to gender and reproductive justice in a broader frame of social, economic, racial justice for all;
- Ability to build power in communities of color using/creating values-aligned political education.
- Self motivated, resourceful, creative, and able to work without significant day-to-day supervision;
- Ability to clearly communicate the intersections of abortion access and other social justice issues impacting our communities;
- Familiarity and comfort with sexual and reproductive health issues, particularly abortion;
- Outstanding communication skills with an ability to communicate a genuine passion for reproductive justice issues in a compelling and authentic manner to various audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to make strategic decisions in complex or fast paced situations.
- Collaborative spirit with an ability to maintain flexibility and effectively manage ambiguity in a responsive environment;
- Previous management experience;
- Experience developing and implementing fundraising plans;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- You enjoy working with a diverse staff and board; and
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends, required.
Outstanding candidates will also have:
- Previous experience in the Reproductive Justice field;
- Experience working with nonprofit boards of directors and/or other advisory bodies.
- Broad alliance and coalition-building experience, including working in collaboration with multiple organizations and across movements.
- Previous experience advocating, organizing, and base-building with communities of color, low-income individuals, or immigrant communities.
In addition to the professional skills and experiences listed above, the ideal candidate will also align with ARC-SE’s core values:
Radical Love: If we are going to unapologetically make reproductive justice a reality in the Southeast we must change hearts and minds with unconditional, revolutionary, radical love. The work we do, how we do the work, and the decisions we make are deeply rooted in radical love that directly challenges the hateful narrative of the opposition
Southern Synergy: We invest in building relationships and principled collaboration with people and organizations to ensure our communities are fully supported in the South and beyond.
Autonomy and Self Determination: We believe every individual knows what they need in order to thrive and should be supported in their decisions without being limited by shame, fear, lack of resources, or discrimination.
Collective Power: To achieve reproductive justice, we need to build a more aligned and diverse movement that centers impacted communities. Nothing about us, without us.
Compensation and Application Process:
The Development Manager is an exempt, full time position with a desired start date of July 2023. The salary range is $70,000-$75,000 and based on experience and qualifications. ARC-Southeast also provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes health, dental, and vision insurance, monthly caregiver stipend, unlimited PTO, and more!
Requirements: (1) 1-2 page resume; (2) 1 page cover letter, and, (3) a list of 3 professional references. Please combine in one PDF to upload. Applications will be closed on June 20th, 2023. No calls please. We regret that we will only be able to contact those applicants selected for an interview. All documents should be submitted via Gusto.
ARC-Southeast is an equal opportunity employer. We are deeply committed to creating a work environment that reflects the diverse nature of our society and activism. Therefore, an intentional effort is made to have a staff made up of various individuals from backgrounds that intersect with reproductive justice and the mission and vision of ARC-Southeast. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, criminal legal history, or any other characteristic protected by law.