ABKO Labs, LLC is looking for a Laboratory Technician
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree required. Microbiology, Clinical Laboratory Technician/Scientist or Molecular Biology experience preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of work experience:
- Strong attention to detail
- Prior laboratory experience preferred (at least 1 year)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow a laboratory protocol.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
ABKO Labs, LLC provides biochemistry, microbiology and analytical chemistry testing relevant to both the low-THC (industrial hemp and CBD) and the high-THC (recreational and medical marijuana) industries for the benefit of the growers, manufacturers, and end users of their products.
The selected candidate for this position will provide technical assistance to ABKO Labs, LLC focusing on microbiology, chemistry and molecular biology areas associated with low-THC and high-THC cannabis products.
- Sample collection
- Specimen processing duties
- Perform quality control and calibrate equipment if necessary
- Perform routine and non-routine tests and analyses using the appropriate technical equipment and instruments
- Microbiology culture set up
- Identification of microorganisms
- Media and solution preparation
- DNA extraction, PCR, and sequencing
- Data entry and record keeping
- Maintenance of laboratory and supplies
- Maintain equipment in proper working order and maintain a clean work area
- Practice safe work habits, including complying with all safety, health and environmental rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Laboratory Manager
Ability to perform physically demanding work such as moving and lifting equipment and/or standing for long periods of time. Handling of potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, biohazards, etc.)
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
A period of evaluation will be required.
$18.03 - $21.63 per hour