The company is an established landscaping company specializing in high end residential work with an annual revenue in the area of $14 million and approximately 100 employees at peak season. The success of the business is based on our staff of highly trained landscape professionals, steeped in a corporate culture of discipline, pride, respect, and dedication to customers and employees.
We are in search of a Director of Construction to oversee and grow our construction team. The construction division is made up of 3 project managers, a landscape designer, and 5 crews performing approximately $5 million dollars in revenue annually.
The Director of Construction’s responsibilities include performing or delegating the following duties.
- Sales of all new construction leads in a detailed and organized fashion
- Oversight of design sales and design process
- Business Development and lead generation
- Strategic planning for continued growth of the division
- Creating, monitoring and reporting on KPIs
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing all staff within the division
- Recruiting, hiring, and firing of all staff within the division
- Oversight of the installation of commercial and residential landscape construction projects including scheduling, purchasing, pre-job planning, and oversight of active job sites
- Enforcement and development of SOPs for all processes from start to finish of project including design, sales, and execution
- Effective communication with clients on schedule, project progress, and change orders
- Management of fleet and equipment resources for construction team
- Maintaining a strong safety culture and training program
- Management role in snow operations
An excellent candidate for this position has the following qualifications
- Previous experience with Landscape, Project, or Construction Management.
- Extreme attention to detail and fantastic organizational skills
- Extensive managerial experience and a passion for developing, training, and mentoring teams.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- General computer skills
- In depth knowledge of landscape construction procedures, material, and project management principles.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Estimating and sales experience, particularly in landscape construction
Available benefits are
- 401(k) matching
- Medical/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Certification Reimbursement
- Uniform Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Advancement